Welcome to my home…. my Life Unabridged. In this little corner of the vast internet, you’ll find a various collection of my thoughts, convictions, things I love and don’t love… marriage, motherhood, homemaking, homeschooling, and everything in between.
I am often asked why I blog. My blog started as a way to share life with family separated by the miles. Over the years it has grown into more and more “heart sharing”. I realized that what I was sharing oftentimes spoke to the hearts of other women. Funny enough, the posts that seemed to speak the loudest were the ones were I was the most transparent.
I’ve also realized how much women crave community and a place to be open and honest with one another. Hundreds and thousands of years ago, women from the town are all gathered together in the midst of their daily work. Usually around the well as they drew their water or at the river as they washed their laundry. Women talked, laughed, cried, comforted one another, shared from their hearts, listened, sang, exchanged words of advice, the older women shared their ways with the younger ones… they fed their spirits and nourished their souls… together. Our communities have grown and we are spread out. Technology has discounted the need for a well to draw our water or a river to wash our clothes. However, it is still possible for us to meet. And that is a HUGE part of why I write. I want that community and I want to share my heart, my stories, my triumphs, failures and struggles… with you.
So who am I?
I am first and foremost a follower of Christ and daughter of the King. I am the proud wife to my sweet husband of almost 20 years.
Together, we have eight blessings: 17 (boy), 13 (boy), 9 (boy), 7 (girl), 5 (boy), 4 (girl), a forever 18 week old at the feet of Jesus (girl), and our newest five month old blessing (boy).
I am a stay-at-home, homeschooling, 40 something Texas gal.
Some days you will find me climbing the mountain tops, on others you’ll find me trudging along in the valleys. No matter where my journey takes me, I know without a shadow of a doubt that the Father is guiding my steps. Besides my family, leading women towards a vision of Biblical Womanhood is my greatest passion!
Want to know more? Below are 57 random things about me… probably more than you ever wanted to know. And, if you want to dig deeper, click on the underlined words and they’ll take you even further into my unabridged life!
1. I’m not always on time, but I try, really, really hard to be!
2. I love get dressed head to toe each and every morning to help get my day going!
3. I love to wear my comfy yoga pants too on those “lazy days”.
4. I tend to talk to much and sometimes don’t think before I open my mouth.
5. I’m learning to be a better listener.I love to serve my husband and I am passionate about Biblical Submission.
6. I tend to have to apologize to my children often for loosing my temper with them; although by the grace of God those times are fewer and further between.
7. I have struggled with depression and anxiety attacks. By the grace of God I get through each day and know that there is indeed a light at the end of this long tunnel.
8. I love hot tea, hot chocolate, hot apple cider.
9. My favorite coffee from Starbucks is a Peppermint Mocha (which I don’t get very often!)
10. Followed up by a very close second, I love the Signature Hot Chocolate with Peppermint!
11. I love homeschooling my children and learn something new every day.
12. After 12 years of homeschooling I am FINALLY finding our groove!
13. We have been in fellowship with an incredible group of people for almost four years at a family-integrated fellowship. We eat lunch together after the meeting each and every week.
14. Our family has come to a place in our life where we seek after TRUTH. We don’t care how different we look from the world, if God’s word says it, we obey it.
15. We care more about our holiness than we do our happiness.
16. That said I am more aware each and every day just how flawed and broken I truly am.
17. I love to organize.
18. I prefer to shop online.
19. I love Vision Forum.
20. I tend to be an emotional gal.
21. I love to read.
22. I miss my mom every day.
23. I miss my best friend, Laura, every day.
24. I LOVE Texas!
25. I HATE roaches and, yes, we get a LOT of ‘em here in the South.
26. I have two siblings; a brother and a sister – both of whom I am incredibly close to and love with a passion. Both of which I don’t see NEAR often enough.
27. I have an incredible father and an awesome step-mom, whom I just adore and love to pieces.
28. I have a wonderful mother-in-law that I do get to see often and am thankful for how much she adores me and my children.
29. Sometimes I tend to over-analyse things.
30. We love family movie nights.
31. I love date nights with my husband and we try to take them often.
32. I am so very content in my role as a wife, mother and homemaker.
33. And… it breaks my heart to see women who are not content in their God-given role.
34. I love to get up early before everyone is awake and spend time with God and His Word. It doesn’t always happen, but I treasure the moments that I do get.
35. I can’t sleep unless it’s cold and I’m snuggled up inside all the covers. I have gotten use to my husband making our house and igloo at night and now that’s the only way I can sleep!
36. I don’t usually wear any makeup except mascara and the occasional lipstick (mostly because my husband prefers me this way!)
37. I have LOTS of gray hair… although most of the time you can’t tell!
38. I have had six hospital births(with pit and epi’s), two of those five were via c-section. I have also had two completely natural births. The natural births were the absolute best.
39. We lost a daughter at 18 weeks. It has been one of the hardest things my husband and I have ever had to walk through.
40. I am short – 5ft tall.
41. I love buying clothes at thrift stores because I can spend $20 and walk away with at least 15 pieces of clothing!
42. Because of this, I usually don’t save the children’s clothes when they are outgrown. I give them away, knowing that someone else can use them and God will provide when I need more.
43. I have lots of weight to lose and am working towards it and getting healthier every day.
44. I wear a size 5 shoe, but most of the time I shop in the children’s section which is cheaper and wear a size 3.
45. I LOVE the Phantom of the Opera.
46. I wish I could play violin.
47. I do, however, play flute and piccolo.
48. I have a love/hate relationship with the kitchen. I love to cook in it, I just hate cleaning up the mess.
49. I LOVE to fellowship with other women.
50. I am in love with each of my eight children; more than I ever thought possible.
51. It took me many years to understand that it’s not about me.
52. Knowing that now is why I can embrace the “order of creation”.
53. I LOVE the fact that man was created for the glory of God and that woman was created for the glory of Man.
54. I love to entertain on my China when I get the opportunity too.
55. I am a terrible speller – thank God for spell check!
56. I love staying up late and talking with my husband about anything and everything.
57. Our family is smack down in the middle of living by faith… such a humbling and honoring experience.
Anything else ya wanna know?? Just ask!
I would love for you to grab your cup of coffee, sit back, stay-a-while and peruse my site. I welcome comments and would love to get to know you better!